Happy New Year! I can hardly believe 2017 has already come and gone. I honestly can’t say I remember who I was during this time last year only because I know she would be a complete stranger to me now. So who am I today? I am a 17-year-old girl, aspiring to be a lifestyle blogger, creative individual, and all around a better person who is hopeful for the future. I have faith that things will look up for me this year. I know what needs to happen, but as most things are, those tasks are easier said than done. Since maneuvering your way through 365 days without a blueprint is hard enough, I’d like to lay out a few things I’d like to do in 2018, that just maybe might help me make it through this year all in one piece.
- Be more positive.
- Be more motivated. This year I want to become the girl boss I know I can be, the girl I’ve been too afraid to get to know.
- Be more organized and stay on task.
- Network, network, NETWORK.
- Be more confident in my decisions, actions, style, intelligence, self-worth, and in front of a camera.
- Build, renovate, and invest in a blog I’m proud of.
- Read more books. I have recently fallen back in love with reading and I need to read more. If you have any book recommendations leave them down below! Also, check me out on Goodreads. I love writing reviews and reading them!
- Be creative. I love being creative, I love photography, drawing, painting, collaging and even just doodling. I’d also love to dabble in calligraphy. I just want to do all the artsy things this year.
- Start a portfolio. I’m looking into a school that greatly looks into portfolios, and I am a little nervous but excited to start putting things together to showcase my best work.
- Improve my photography. Before summer of this year, I am wanting to get myself a DSLR camera and I am beyond excited to figure it out, take some amazing shots, and add to my portfolio.
- Maintain a bullet journal. I have always thought these are so cool and I thought I wasn’t creative enough to make one of my own, but I decided to challenge myself and go for it.
- Make a plan. I’ve been trying to figure out what I want to do with my life for several years now, and now I feel I’m finally on the verge of getting it right, I’m starting to decide where I want to go to school and what degree I want to go for.
- Let that sh*t go. I want to stop obsessing over the little things (the big things too) that make me unhappy. This year I want to grow thicker skin and just walk away. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. That’s how it goes right?
- Breathe. I don’t sit down and take a deep breathe enough. I might even start meditating just to clear my head. I need to do something because I am always in a state of distress and I’m sure I can do something to change that.
- Live a little. I am too good at keeping to myself and not letting people get to know me. This year I want to step out of my comfort bubble and just take chances and do things that I would normally never even consider. I want to put myself out there a little more and let people see me. Because right now, I am too busy staying hidden in the shadows for the world to even catch a glimpse of me.
I know this is a lot, but I’ve got 365 days to try and get them right. So why not set the bar high for once? By this time next year, I want to be able to say check, check, check. I want to feel like I accomplished something because I actually did.
So here’s to setting goals, making plans, kicking ass, and striving to be the best you possible.
Here’s to 2018.
Thanks for stopping by,