Since it is already about halfway through 2018, which I can’t even fully wrap my head around that fact, I decided I needed to go down my list of goals for this year and see the progress I’ve made. I decided to do this post because of a post the lovely Olivia did over at Absolutely Olivia. She is absolutely amazing (see what I did there) and you can check out her post here, but without further ado, let’s see how much work I have left to do.
- Be more positive. I feel like for the most part, I’m doing pretty well this one. Somedays you just can’t help but feel down in the dumps, but I’m getting even better at being able to turn it around and make the best of a situation.
- Be more motivated. I’m still working on this one, but I’ve kind of got a game plan set in place for this summer so we will have to see if I can get to where I want to be by the end of the year!
- Be more organized and stay on task. Organized? I’m getting there. Staying on task? Umm . . . I need to get back to you on that one.
- Network, network, NETWORK. I’ve started some networking and have been talking with other bloggers and a couple brands, but I definitely hope to do so much more by the end of the year. I need to grow my audience more first to be taken seriously, and that is no simple feat. But I feel I can get there.
- Be more confident in my decisions, actions, style, intelligence, self-worth, and in front of a camera. In my decisions, there’s a noticeable amount of confidence beginning to show up. In my actions, I definitely feel more confident. I’ve finally started standing up for myself. It was hard, but I’m glad that I did. In my style, yes ma’am I’ve been loving what I’ve been wearing. I’ve made a lot of progress with my self-worth and proud of how far I’ve come. In front of a camera, definitely noticeable progress but it’s hard because I can’t take myself seriously.
- Build, renovate, and invest in a blog I’m proud of. YES! This is the first goal I can say I have fully completed this year. I just recently got to upgrade my site to a business plan (goodbye bank account), but I am so happy with the results. My site looks so fancy now I can’t even believe I put it together myself.
- Read more books. I set myself a goal to read 35 books this year and so far I have read . . . 3. I’m off to a horribly slow start, but I plan on catching up this summer.
- Be creative. By this, I meant more often, and I feel like I am. I’ve been using my notebook a lot more and pushing myself to try new things. I feel like I’m being more creative in my everyday life so I’d say this goal is going pretty well.
- Start a portfolio. I am sad to say I haven’t yet started to put this together yet, but it’s on my ever-growing list of summer projects.
- Improve my photography. I just recently got my first DSLR camera and I have only gotten to dabble with it just a little bit, but I am hoping to change that before the year is up.
- Maintain a bullet journal. I hate to say this, but this goal has been scrapped. I thought I would have to time to keep up with it, but when I came back from winter break I worked almost nonstop and had quite a bit of schoolwork, so I actually had to go buy a pre-done planner. I hope to pick it up in the summer again and turn it into more of an art journal, but as a planner, it didn’t work out too well for me. ** But Hey! If you really love bullet journaling and want to see some amazing spreads, you should check out my friend’s Instagram account. Her account is @sammisdoodles. You won’t be disappointed.
- Make a plan. I actually have a plan! I have narrowed it down to two colleges that I would like to attend, and I even have degrees figured out! I’m looking at a communications degree because I feel like it will cover all the bases for what I want to do, and I would like to minor in Spanish because I love the language.
- Let that sh*t go. For a while, I was off to a great start with this goal, but as summer got closer I was having a harder time moving forward. I know my break is almost here, so I’m ready for time to myself to think and get my priorities in order.
- Breathe. I definitely haven’t worked on this goal too much because I’ve been running around like crazy this last semester, but summer is almost here so hopefully, I will give myself that time I need to relax.
- Live a little. I wrote a very personal speech for my English class and I feel like that was most I’ve stepped out of my comfort zone in a very long time. Even though I haven’t done anything life-changing or exhilarating yet, I feel like I’m on the right path.
I’m feeling okay with the progress I’ve made so far, but I definitely have a long way to go. I’ve even come up with a couple more goals for my blog and social media this year.
I know the numbers aren’t everything, but I’m really proud of the content I’ve been putting out so I would love it if I could reach 400 (maybe 450) Instagram followers by August. If you’d like to take a look or even give me a follow, my username is @lookshecanblog.
I also am hoping to start utilizing Facebook and Twitter more so if you’d like to check out those pages too, I’d love it if you’d follow along! Twitter is also @lookshecanblog and my Facebook page is TheLookSheCanBlog.
And last, but certainly not least, I hope to have even more blog followers. I am so proud of how this blog looks, and the content I have been putting out, that I hope to reach even more people and know an even larger audience is reading what I have to say. If you love what I write, please consider subscribing via email to be notified when new blog posts go live, it really means the world to me.
I hope you are achieving everything you hoped you would this year so far, or are at least well on your way to personal success.
Happy soul-searching, world-traveling, and happiness-seeking, beautiful people!
Thanks for stopping by,
If you like my content, please consider buying me a coffee to help keep me going!
— Thank you!